How The AMAP Assessment System Helps Mental Coaches
I’ve received several questions about the AMAP assessment program for mental coaches…
Today, I’d like to answer a few questions. Here they are:
1. “I only work with basketball players and I see there are numerous topics in the AMAP that are not about basketball. Can I use the AMAP for basketball players?”
Answer: Yes, the AMAP can be used for any sport. Today we use the AMAP for tennis, hockey, swimming, or any other sport. The AMAP was the original mental game assessment. We have developed sport-specific versions of the AMAP, but we continue to use it today for several sports.
2. “What do I get in the system besides the AMAP assessment?”
Answer: In the program, we train you how to use the AMAP. You learn what to look for, how to identify mental game issues, and how to do an AMAP summary. In addition, you also receive the TCAP and AMAT assessments. The TCAP is to measure team cohesion and the AMAT is a pre- and post-coaching test to measure your athlete’s improvement.
3. “What do you use to assess the mental game of larger teams?”
Answer: We use the AMAP assessment System for working with individual athletes. However, we use another system to assess larger teams or groups. We provide you with examples of how to assess larger teams instead of using the AMAP, which would be too time consuming for a large group. We prefer to use survey monkey because you can simply send the coach a web link to send to team members.
4. “If I purchase the AMAP mental game assessment system, can I later upgrade to the full MGCP program.”
Answer: Yes! Any one of our programs you purchase for mental coaches can later be applied to the MGCP program. You can start with the AMAP system, get the Athlete’s Mental Edge workbooks, and then upgrade to the self-paced MGCP program. Finally, if you want to do the live certification program, you can upgrade again.
Other Important Details:
In the AMAP system for mental coaches, we license out to you the AMAP assessment and provide examples of team surveys you can use.
In addition, you receive the AMAT pre- and post-coaching tool to assess your athlete’s progress during coaching.
You get the exact same tools certified MGCPs use. Read more about the AMAP system here:
AMAP Assessment Program for Mental Coaches
The AMAP Assessment system includes these tests:
- The AMAP assessment (several sport-specific versions).
- Sport parent assessment.
- The pre-coaching and post-coaching test (AMAT).
- Examples of online team surveys.
- The TCAP or team cohesion profile.
These tools are designed to help you become more efficient and organized with your mental game coaching.
Read more here about do mental game assessments: