Gaining Credibility as a Mental Coach
I know first-hand that it’s hard to promote yourself as a mental coach.
Personally, I was not trained in business acumen when studying sports psychology in school.
And who has the time to promote and advertise their business?
Based on my survey with mental coaches, here are the top 5 challenges for mental coaches trying to expand their clientele. They:
- Lack experience with promotion (31.20%)
- Lack credibility or qualifications as a mental coach (26.32%)
- Don’t know where to start (25.94%)
- Have a lack of time – I’m just too busy (29.32%)
- Lack knowledge about promotion (25.94)
I can identify with each of these barriers when I was starting my business as a mental coach in the late 1980s…
As a young mental coach, one challenge is having confidence in your ability to teach mental strategies to athletes—enough to charge for your services.
I teach you how to overcome all these challenges in the MGCP Certification program…
A prerequisite to gaining credibility and expanding your clientele, you must have the knowledge of what mental skills to teach athletes, how to do mental game assessments, what important questions to ask, and a system to guide you.
You must also possess effective communication skills to be a successful mental game coach.
Finally, you have to know who to approach and what to say about your service. And don’t forget about the power of getting referrals from the athletes you work with.
In my MGCP certification course, I teach students a system and how to simplify the mental coaching process to help them understand the important mental strategies to teach.
- A system for doing mental coaching with athletes
- What groups or teams to approach
- How to get referrals from existing athletes
- How to find time to market your services
- How to gain credibility with your target market
We are starting the Spring 2019 course soon where you can learn my entire system for doing mental coaching.
Learn my entire system for mental coaching with athletes based on 30 plus years of experience working with junior to professional athletes.
This course is complete. Please download an application to apply for a future course:
Leave a Reply