What Works for Athletes in the Real World?
30 years ago, I finished my Ph.D. in Sports Psychology at The University of Virginia.
But it wasn’t a smooth transition from school to a career in mental coaching…
My education prepared me to teach college students sports psychology and motor learning at the university level.
I taught college students for two years, but then started Peak Performance Sports in 1994.
As a graduate student at CSUF and UVA, I learned a ton about how to help athletes improve confidence, focus, and composure.
But I didn’t really have a proven mental coaching system for working with athletes.
And I didn’t know, firsthand, what worked for athletes in the real world (I had only started to work with athletes).
The biggest roadblock was that I didn’t have a system for helping my athletes succeed.
After about 10 years of trial and error as a mental coach, I learned what worked in the real world…
I polished my delivery, developed mental game assessments and handouts, and learned how to help athletes take mental coaching lessons from education to application.
Today, I teach the MGCP mental coaching system to qualified coaches, therapists, life coaches, and psychologists. And we are in the 11th year.
I jump-start your mental coaching career by sharing my experience, tools, and a proven method for mental game coaching via the MGCP course.
What are the benefits of becoming a certified Mental Game Coaching Professional?
- You learn my complete system for mental coaching without the headaches of 10 years of trail and error.
- You get access to my mental game assessment (AMAP) to help uncover your athletes’ mental barriers – the same assessment I use with my personal students and teams.
- You receive ready-made lesson summaries (or handouts) I use with my students, which help you stay organized and simplify the coaching process.
- You work closely with me and other mental coaches in the program as you start to get more work with athletes.
- You learn the top mental strategies I’ve taught to 1000s of athletes worldwide – strategies that I’ve already tested out in the real world.
- You continue to hone your skills and learn new tricks of the trade by getting continuing education as a premium member of Peaksports network, my online mental training program.
- You learn the basics of how to build credibility and get work with athletes?the right way.
- You get 15 Athlete’s Mental Edge Workbooks to use with your clients (a $599 value).
I’ve spent 20 years of my career developing and refining the MGCP program, which I share with you in a 10 to 12-week course.
You can skip the trial and error….
To register, please complete an application at the MGCP website if you have not done so previously: